My perfect mom and I!
Growing up, my friends who’d come over would always compliment my mom on how youthful she was in appearance, spirit, and thought. As motherly as she is, she is more like a sister. We argue and fight like siblings but at the end of the day it’s all love!
Hope everyone had a lovely mother’s day.
Cute gifts from cute friends!
1st Pic: Cake box, hair mask, eye masks, face masks.
2nd Pic: Glam Glow (Givenchy, Pop, and Chanel nail colors in the background). I’ve used it once so far and it was VERY tingly. Loved the results and the unexpected green tea leaf pieces- cool!
What an amazing day!
Three executives from Ann Taylor Loft followed me around to take notes and pictures on how I shop for a day. They jotted my opinions, habits, thoughts, and other ‘Patricia wisdom’ (ha!). It was a very cute project and I thoroughly enjoyed speaking out loud on what I’m was thinking during the shopping process. As I’ve said before, I’m very quick and am in-and-out. I shop with purpose and for specific events only so that I do not have excess clothes which I probably will not end up wearing anyway! So, the shops in Soho I stopped into were Lululemon, Topshop, Brandy Melville, Sephora, Aritzia, Intermix, Marciano, and a few more on Broadway.
After the entire afternoon of productive shopping, I was spontaneously called into model for a Brazilian training session at Mac Pro - they needed to demonstrate a ‘Red Carpet’ look. There were so many useful tips I got from this 2-hour session! Here are 3 must-knows:
- Cut false lashes in half, gently place one towards the end of your lash-line UNDER your natural lashes. Do the same for your other eye.
- Highlight you upper lips center before you place red or any other color lipstick. This really defines your your lips and makes them pop.
- Taupe cheek colors are a MUST, everyone should have taupe. It defines your cheeks naturally and you could even opt for a color blush afterwards.
Makeup by Gina Bettelli at Mac Pro.
Tips on How To Throw A Boys Birthday Party!
- Ask your boy to choose a theme - will it be Spiderman? Batman? Power Rangers? TMNT [Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles]?
- Keep this theme in mind when you shop for goody bags, decorations, supplies, cakes, food, and invites!
- Choose a venue that works with your budget. If you’re lucky enough to have a spring/summer birthday boy, have it for free at the park!
- Choose activities and entertainment - depending on your venue choice, they may already have that all set for you! Confirm that they are age appropriate.
- Send invites!
- All details, shopping, organizing, cakes, RSVP’s should be finalized 7 to 10 days before the party.
- Ask friends and family for help on the day of - give the birthday boy a ton of hugs & kisses!!!!
The 10-day workout plan!
So the boyfriend surprised me with a birthday vacation to the Bahamas! It’s an excellent thing that he gave me somewhat of an advance notice so that preparations could ensue on my end. A girl needs to be prepared!
Here’s how I used 10 days to prep for a beach vaca:
Barry’s Bootcamp - Some serious cardio and ‘hardcore abs’.
Eat: Tiny portions of healthy fruits, veggies, and clean + fresh foods. Yes to quinoa! No to carbs! Clean means no fried foods, no sauces, no dressings for your greens, if you have to question it the answer is NO. Include wheatgrass shots 4 to 8 times during this 10-day plan, it will help you go:)
Mentality: You are aiming to be a better, stronger, faster you! Your workout only starts when you want to stop- so keep going! Clearly define your fitness goals. Make an amazing 1-hour long playlist and pick a workout theme song:) Mine was Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke.
Rest aka a full day of sore muscles!
Snack regularly: apricots, cashews, grapes, tea, lots of water!!!
Workout through your soreness- you will be proud you got through a class even when sore!
Don’t forget to track your weight:)
Fly Barre - All about toning!
Even on your days of rest you should be holding in your abs at all times - and taking the stairs instead of the elevator. All the little things add up!
You should be super toned and bikini-ready now!
‘1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and get them sit ups right and tuck your tummy tight and do your crunches like this!’ -Kanye [The Workout Plan]
It was an amazing birthday party planned by my super beautiful and dear girlfriends!
I could not have asked for more. Loved the 50’s pinup themed birthday. It was a dream 💛
I love birthdays! Weekend recap: Easter + Birthday Dress Shopping.
It’s the one day every year that you get to splurge a little more than usual for the perfect dress. You get to unapologetically over-dress and be as over-made up as you want to be!
I found my birthday dress as soon as I reached my first destination on 8th street in Soho. It’s the same store where I bought my prom dress yearsssss ago. It’s the first dress I saw, and the first that I tried on. Pictured above is the second, and only tried it on because it was sooo Hepburn. I’ve rekindled my interest and have been obsessed with all things ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ after watching it on Broadway recently, played by Emilia Clarke (girl crush!).
And the best part- birthdays are the one night every year where you get to see all your favorite people in one place- love!
3 Don’ts of a Classy Girl:
- Don’t badmouth others in social media space, or any other space for that matter. “What Sally says about Susie says more about Sally than of Susie.” True?
- Don’t talk about your private parts publicly. It is awkward, a bit of a turnoff for both genders, and truly unladylike. If you’re trying to call attention to yourself, charming hints of femininity is more than suffice.
- Don’t come with one, and leave with another. Frank Sinatra sang it best; reference Luck Be A Lady:
A lady never leaves her escort
It isn’t fair, it isn’t nice
A lady doesn’t wander all over the room
And blow on some other guys dice
Lets keep this party polite
Never get out of my sight
Stick with me baby, Im the guy that you came in with
Luck be a lady tonight
A lady never flirts with strangers
Shed have a heart, she’d be nice…
Photo above is from a beautiful wedding at the Plaza in NYC, with my shared pseudo-date.
Saturday was bridal gown inventory day! So here is the sneak peak of one of my favorites.
Went through hundreds of dresses with my team to select 22 of the best. Can’t wait to show it at our Spring event!
Any brides that want to get ahead of the game and choose a dress before my Spring show, contact me! firstname.lastname@example.org
x All things Bridal Beauty!
Five Quick Tips on Confidence:
1) Perfect your natural scent. Don’t underestimate a nicely scented perfume before you walk out the door daily. Never over-do, but do carry an atomizer of your favorite scent so you can spritz whenever.
2) Look the part. Who do you want to be? Look that part, feel comfortable in your skin and in your clothes.
3) Keep your heels, head, and standards high. Walk with purpose, think only forward moving thoughts, and don’t accept or give anything but your best.
4) Make eye contact, smile, be bubbly. This is the ultimate way of showing personable confidence.
5) Project your voice. I am naturally soft spoken and this is something I’ve always been challenged with. Reminds me of a story from a few years back when I would go to castings for music videos (yikes!). This one particular casting was to be an official Ciroc girl the year Diddy first partnered up with the Vodka brand. About 20 to 30 casted all at once and we had to introduce ourselves to the CEO and the rest of the room with the basics: name, where you’re from, and age. As soon as I stated my facts the CEO says, ‘You’re so shy! Speak up!’ I was sooo annoyed! After every girl went their turn, there was a 2nd round where we each had to go up to the front of the room and state why we should be a Ciroc girl. When it was my turn to go up I pleasantly smiled at the CEO and said, ‘Just to be VERY clear, I am NOT shy. I am soft-spoken. Please don’t mistake that for timidity.’ The entire room laughed, clapped and cheered- along with my agent who was in the room as well. A few days later he told me that the speech was a big reason why I got the job to represent Ciroc on tour for the summer. This one casting experience helped me learn why it is important to speak up and project your voice. Be loud, be proud!!
Birthdays are so much fun to both plan and attend. Love picking out cakes to perfectly suit the birthday girl/boy, the menus, the venue, what to wear, hair & makeup… just fun!
The picture above was from my life-size Barbie’s birthday dinner in February at Mr. Chow’s. All girls at the table were gorgeous, lively, and.. angelic ;-)
Five Birthday [Guest] Beauty Tips:
1) Dress to impress, wear a dress!! It’s a time to celebrate. Wear your highest heels and a poppy lip color. Wear a colorful top if possible or a detailed lace top for ‘table pictures’.
2) Focus on impeccable hair and makeup. You most likely will not have too many photos standing up and will be conversing with guests all night- so look cute.
3) If the birthday girl/boy insists on no gifts, it isn’t necessary but it’s still nice to present a card or a little something special. It’s her/his day!
4) If the host orders for the table, the bill is most likely handled by the host- unless he’s a crazed control freak-foodie! You will know by the invite if you’re expected to pay or not. The biggest hint is if you’re notified of what the menu is like along with your invitation. If so, pay for yourself and a portion of the birthday boy/girls’ bill.
5) The birthday girl/boy should not be handling the cake- someone must take charge! xo
Happy birthday to all, Aquarius + Pisces! It’s been a busy birthday February/March for me, whew!
I want to be fit- not obscurely skinny with a big head! (see photo above). But it is my natural tendency to be extreme and ultra hard on myself, there is no gray- just black and white. The photo above was taken towards the end of my last fast diet. This usually happens around March of every year when the warmth of Spring begins to tease. As I start my Spring diet this March, I am trying my best not to over-do it with cardio and not just have a piece of tofu for dinner. But, really to dedicate myself to conscious eating + moderate exercise. Also because I just can’t hang!! Barry’s Bootcamp on Monday is STILL kicking my A.. and it’s Wednesday!
I’m prissy, and I admit to it. Example: It was pouring rain yesterday. The valet man at the parking garage pulls up the car directly in front of a giant puddle + there is a bit of an obstacle to walk over to the car bc of several other parked vehicles creating a semi-maze. Mind you I am in my 5+ inch heels. I instantly made a stank face and said ‘C’monnn man! Really!?!! I’m sorry but I’m REALLY prissy!’ I caught an attitude for sure as I tipped him with a thank you. He graciously accepted both my tip and my attitude whilst laughing, ‘thank you for your honesty’ ..you’re welcome patient man! Just being real.
What are yours?
Isn’t it pretty?
My Pinkbook partner and I marveling over our new LLC status! It was probably one of the most productive nights we’ve had to date. Met at Morimoto and had White Lily’s along with amazing dish after dish after dish… all compliments of the restaurant!! Loved it.
A video I edited - thank you Cy as always for filming! I love the raw, editing process. I’ve never done voiceovers before so this was new and really fun for me to do.
This was the day of the Pinkbook Radiance pre-launch event.
It was beyond my expectations on how well the day flowed. All guests left happy, relaxed, and excited for the next one!
I am currently working on the Pinkbook website with a designer, as well as a few other projects. Spring will be the time to unveil many of these current projects.
I just want to make things happen…! xo