Posts tagged etiquette
Page 1 of 1
Quick Tips on How to Be a Lady!
- Dress - No sweatpants! Clean wrinkle-free + well coordinated outfits please. A signature personal style is a plus. Pretty heels are an A++!
- Act - Choose your friends wisely. Who you spend time with says a lot about who you are. Don’t overeat, don’t drink too much, don’t advise unless you are asked for advice, don’t flaunt yourself & be braggart, and don’t fart in the presence of others. Your self-respect, reputation, and aura will speak for you.
- Talk - Speak at a soft to moderate tone - Think “speak low when you speak love”. If you have nothing good to say then don’t say anything at all- words to live by! Keep up with news, your interests & passions, world events- be cultured for conversation.
- Walk - “…For poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” Don’t waddle like a duck, don’t slouch as you walk, don’t drag your feet. Lift each foot up fully before stepping into your next, watch your posture, relax your arms, and one foot should stride in good distance in front of the other. A confident walk makes such a difference in appearance.
- Sit - It is cray how very few women know how to really sit like a lady.. (I was one of the clueless, up until this post). Contrary to the image above, legs should never be crossed. Legs should be straight in front of you, knees angled either left or right, then criss-crossed by the ankle. It is surprising because growing up I’ve watched soo many late night shows with gorgeous actresses in dresses being interviewed, and their perfectly pretty gams are crossed! To me, that has always looked effortlessly sexy. This is one lady-like rule I’d like to oppose to, pls just shave x