Anonymous asked: Thoughts on tattoos?
I love how they can look so chic! Tattoos are a personal prerogative, and that is the beauty of getting inked. I was 15 when I made the conscious decision to forever remain a blank canvas while all of my older friends were getting tattoos and piercings. I never wanted to be a part of the ‘cool wave’ or do something out of peer influence. To me being a blank canvas is being free to create whoever you are in life. However, if a tattoo(s) is a choice from your heart and you know you’d be proud of it for life, go for it!
Anonymous asked: Can you share some tips on how you stay motivated hitting the gym/keeping in shape???
A daily effort eventually becomes a habit, and a habit becomes a lifestyle choice. Stay motivated by starting with a manageable goal. Let’s say you have an event or vacation coming up - could be anything. Make it your goal, for example, to be 4 to 7 pounds lighter for a specific event through exercise and healthy eating.
After each workout take note of how you feel- the rush is bliss! Appreciate the sore-ness of your muscles the next day. Make an amazing workout playlist on Spotify. Invite a motivated friend to work out with you. Capture your progress through notes and photos. Let all of these little things become your motivation as well.
Anonymous asked: Top 10 absolute favorite lipsticks/lip gloss? Color & brand?
10?! Let’s start with my one and only for the last two years.. Roman Holiday by Nars. It’s the perfect pink, and amazing on any complexion.
I’m hardly ever in the sun without SPF thanks to virtually all moisturizers and makeup products with already built in SPF. They do the thinking for you, whew.
Contact with the sun is inevitable even if you are the type to avoid it at all costs. You hear so much about how bad the sun is for you health wise that you don’t really get to hear the benefits. There actually are a few important ones: The sun is a natural source of Vitamin D which fights away depression, helps your body absorb vitamins and minerals, balances anxiety, and healthy exposure to the sun is a a preventative for many diseases and cancers.
However, too much of a good thing is never healthy- note that! Tan sparingly:)
How To Pose For Your Body Type:
- I’ve got skinny legs! But it doesn’t have to be a flaw and you should embrace whatever body parts you believe are ‘less than perfect’. To me there is no such thing! Embrace and perfect!
- Practice moving in front of the mirror until it feels natural to find angles that work for you. It’s like choreographing a dance. You start somewhere comfortable and you move to the rhythm.. good music certainly helps.
- Learn how to smile with your eyes. Confident facial expressions are key- and have more than one! Selfies are a good way to practice.
A Vine clip of me having fun posing in front of the camera, by The House of Makeup: https://vine.co/v/bVzMKvTgWnV
My perfect mom and I!
Growing up, my friends who’d come over would always compliment my mom on how youthful she was in appearance, spirit, and thought. As motherly as she is, she is more like a sister. We argue and fight like siblings but at the end of the day it’s all love!
Hope everyone had a lovely mother’s day.
Cute gifts from cute friends!
1st Pic: Cake box, hair mask, eye masks, face masks.
2nd Pic: Glam Glow (Givenchy, Pop, and Chanel nail colors in the background). I’ve used it once so far and it was VERY tingly. Loved the results and the unexpected green tea leaf pieces- cool!
What an amazing day!
Three executives from Ann Taylor Loft followed me around to take notes and pictures on how I shop for a day. They jotted my opinions, habits, thoughts, and other ‘Patricia wisdom’ (ha!). It was a very cute project and I thoroughly enjoyed speaking out loud on what I’m was thinking during the shopping process. As I’ve said before, I’m very quick and am in-and-out. I shop with purpose and for specific events only so that I do not have excess clothes which I probably will not end up wearing anyway! So, the shops in Soho I stopped into were Lululemon, Topshop, Brandy Melville, Sephora, Aritzia, Intermix, Marciano, and a few more on Broadway.
After the entire afternoon of productive shopping, I was spontaneously called into model for a Brazilian training session at Mac Pro - they needed to demonstrate a ‘Red Carpet’ look. There were so many useful tips I got from this 2-hour session! Here are 3 must-knows:
- Cut false lashes in half, gently place one towards the end of your lash-line UNDER your natural lashes. Do the same for your other eye.
- Highlight you upper lips center before you place red or any other color lipstick. This really defines your your lips and makes them pop.
- Taupe cheek colors are a MUST, everyone should have taupe. It defines your cheeks naturally and you could even opt for a color blush afterwards.
Makeup by Gina Bettelli at Mac Pro.
Tips on How To Throw A Boys Birthday Party!
- Ask the birthday boy to choose a theme - will it be Spiderman? Batman? Power Rangers? TMNT [Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles]?
- Keep this theme in mind when you shop for goody bags, decorations, supplies, cakes, food, and invites!
- Choose a venue that works with your budget. If you’re lucky enough to have a spring/summer birthday boy, have it for free at the park!
- Choose activities and entertainment - depending on your venue choice, they may already have that all set for you! Confirm that they are age appropriate.
- Send invites!
- All details, shopping, organizing, cakes, RSVP’s should be finalized 7 to 10 days before the party.
- Ask friends and family for help on the day of - give the birthday boy a ton of hugs & kisses!!!!
The 10-day workout plan!
So the boyfriend surprised me with a birthday vacation to the Bahamas! It’s an excellent thing that he gave me somewhat of an advance notice so that preparations could ensue on my end. A girl needs to be prepared!
Here’s how I used 10 days to prep for a beach vaca:
Barry’s Bootcamp - Some serious cardio and ‘hardcore abs’.
Eat: Tiny portions of healthy fruits, veggies, and clean + fresh foods. Yes to quinoa! No to carbs! Clean means no fried foods, no sauces, no dressings for your greens, if you have to question it the answer is NO. Include wheatgrass shots 4 to 8 times during this 10-day plan, it will help you go:)
Mentality: You are aiming to be a better, stronger, faster you! Your workout only starts when you want to stop- so keep going! Clearly define your fitness goals. Make an amazing 1-hour long playlist and pick a workout theme song:) Mine was Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke.
Rest aka a full day of sore muscles!
Snack regularly: apricots, cashews, grapes, tea, lots of water!!!
Workout through your soreness- you will be proud you got through a class even when sore!
Don’t forget to track your weight:)
Fly Barre - All about toning!
Even on your days of rest you should be holding in your abs at all times - and taking the stairs instead of the elevator. All the little things add up!
You should be super toned and bikini-ready now!
‘1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and get them sit ups right and tuck your tummy tight and do your crunches like this!’ -Kanye [The Workout Plan]
It was an amazing birthday party planned by my super beautiful and dear girlfriends!
I could not have asked for more. Loved the 50’s pinup themed birthday. It was a dream 💛
I love birthdays! Weekend recap: Easter + Birthday Dress Shopping.
It’s the one day every year that you get to splurge a little more than usual for the perfect dress. You get to unapologetically over-dress and be as over-made up as you want to be!
I found my birthday dress as soon as I reached my first destination on 8th street in Soho. It’s the same store where I bought my prom dress yearsssss ago. It’s the first dress I saw, and the first that I tried on. Pictured above is the second, and only tried it on because it was sooo Hepburn. I’ve rekindled my interest and have been obsessed with all things ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ after watching it on Broadway recently, played by Emilia Clarke (girl crush!).
And the best part- birthdays are the one night every year where you get to see all your favorite people in one place- love!
3 Don’ts of a Classy Girl:
- Don’t badmouth others in social media space, or any other space for that matter. “What Sally says about Susie says more about Sally than of Susie.” True?
- Don’t talk about your private parts publicly. It is awkward, a bit of a turnoff for both genders, and truly unladylike. If you’re trying to call attention to yourself, charming hints of femininity is more than suffice.
- Don’t come with one, and leave with another. Frank Sinatra sang it best; reference Luck Be A Lady:
A lady never leaves her escort
It isn’t fair, it isn’t nice
A lady doesn’t wander all over the room
And blow on some other guys dice
Lets keep this party polite
Never get out of my sight
Stick with me baby, Im the guy that you came in with
Luck be a lady tonight
A lady never flirts with strangers
Shed have a heart, she’d be nice…
Photo above is from a beautiful wedding at the Plaza in NYC, with my shared pseudo-date.